These are the reporting options for sexual misconduct (sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, stalking) allegations involving a Duke student (undergraduate, graduate or professional).You may use either of these forms for yourself or someone else. You may share as much or as little information as you wish. If you are reporting as a Responsible Employee, you should choose the non-anonymous option and include everything you were told.
If you have general questions about reporting sexual misconduct, you may contact Victoria Krebs, Associate Dean of Students, Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, at 919-684-7336 or email@example.com.
Making an Informed Decision
- Filing a report puts your experience on record. Reporting allows the university to keep a record and identify any pattern of allegations.
- Filing a report is one way to receive information about the supportive measures, resources, and options available to you. When a report is filed, you will receive an outreach email with this information and an opportunity to discuss your safety and support needs.
- Filing a report opens the possibility for resolution. After filing a report, you can request an investigation or adaptable resolution. After a thorough and neutral investigation and adjudication process, students who are found responsible for violating Duke’s policies receive university sanctions. As an alternative, the parties can agree to engage in an adaptable resolution that might involve the respondent agreeing to take conciliatory steps (i.e. time away, change of schedule, education/counseling, etc.).
- Filing a report does not automatically trigger a formal conduct process and/or law enforcement investigation. You will be presented with options to do so.
What Happens After a Report is Filed?
- Complainants receive outreach outlining their options for support and the option of filing a formal complaint.
- Respondents are not automatically contacted as a result of filing a report.
Responsible Employees and Third Parties:
- You should receive confirmation email after submitting a report. Someone may follow up with you for additional information if needed.
Please review our policies and procedures page and lists of frequently asked questions for more information.