Graduate Professional Day Trip – Day at the Lake
Trips are designed:
- For first-year incoming Graduate and Professional students to Duke University.
- To foster a sense of belonging for graduate and professional students with Duke University in addition to unique academic programs.
- To facilitate a pathway for students to build interdepartmental connections with other graduate and professional students at Duke.
Enjoy a Day at the Lake with fellow new Duke Graduate and Professional students – a fun filled morning at NC State Parks – Jordan Lake.
Wednesday, July 26
- 8:00am – Meet at Smith Warehouse on Duke campus, check-in and enjoy a light breakfast
- 8:30am – Bus transportation provide to Jordan Lake State Recreation Area
- 9am – 12pm – Activities such as water paddle (single kayak and tandem canoe), land geo cache treasure hunt, lawn games, etc.
- 12:00pm – Lunch under a shaded pavilion with Duke faculty, staff, and current students
- 1:00pm – Bus transportation back to Smith Warehouse, Duke campus
- 2:00pm – Day is concluded
*Itinerary and activities are subject to change
- There is no cost for attendance.
- This is an in-person activity. Please only register if you can plan to be in Durham, NC on July 26. Space is limited.
- No prior water experience is needed.
- Be prepared for hot and humid weather. Late July in North Carolina can be very hot (90-100 degrees fahrenheit).
- Participants should plan to wear clothing they are comfortable getting wet / dirty including: water shoes (no flip flops), beach towel, and hat or other sun protection.
- A completed and signed waiver will be required by all participants, no exceptions.
- June 30 Registration form will close
- July 10 Selected students will be notified (a waitlist will also be maintained)
- July 18 Confirmation and waiver collection by students will close
- July 19 Waitlist students will be notified
- July 26 Day at the Lake event!
(Selected students will be notified by July 10)