The Duke Parents Advisory Council plays an instrumental role within the University by providing feedback, support, and counsel throughout the academic year.
- Assist the division in strategic planning for new and existing initiatives.
- Represent the larger community of Duke parents regarding policy and program implementation.
- Provide an outlet for parents of students who want to be involved in the undergraduate Duke experience.
How to Join
Applications for the Class of 2028 and At-Large Representative positions will open next year in Summer 2024. If you have any questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership appointments to the DPAC are for one year. Members have the possibility of extended service when space and interest permit. The DPAC meets once a year in person during Family Weekend. Subsequent meetings throughout the academic year will be held on Zoom and may occur up to once a month. Occasionally, one spring meeting may be in person in Durham. The Division of Student Affairs expects DPAC members to participate in meetings and to engage in regular electronic communication between meetings.
Current DPAC Roster
We want to thank all of the current and returning members of the DPAC! We achieved so much this past year and look forward to a historic year of progress in 2023-2024.
- Penny and Jim Fleming
- Dana Dudley
- Beth Gabay
- Clarissa Canady
- Cathy Friedman and Jon Duane
- Michael and Lauren Gaviser P'22 & P'27
- Michelle and Delmir Grewal
- Eduardo Hauser
- Stephanie Heller Norman
- Christy Piland
- Chinyere (Hope) Buchi-Ahiabuike
- Hollis and Virginia Chen
- Anne Dowling P'23
- Carolyn and Douglas Everson
- Christine Hayward P'22
- Andrea Kirshenbaum and Josh Goldberg
- Kate and Allan Latts
- Catherine Roman
- Alexandra Chamorro Rhiannon Chavis-Wanson
- Rachel Ekery and Douglas Kley
- Bruce Kahne Mary & Michael Harman
- Kate & Arthur (Art) Ringness P'22
- Tanya & Geoff Smith
- Jenny Jones
- Janette Ornelas
- Ofier Sigal
- Phyllis and Eric Savage
- Christine Twining