The Orientation Co-Chair position are two student leaders overseeing the implementation of Experiential Orientation.
They will provide critical student feedback, leadership, and direction to New Student and Family Programs (NSFP) as Duke implements Orientation Week. The Orientation Co-Chairs will serve as advocates for Orientation Week at-large and amplify the student voice and experience.
During Orientation Week, the Orientation Co-Chairs will operate as extensions of New Student and Family Programs. The Orientation Co-Chairs are charged with helping to facilitate community building amongst the Orientation Board. The Orientation Co-Chairs will also lead the Orientation Logistics Committee and be a support for all Project Directors (PDs).
Orientation Co-Chairs will*:
- Co-Convene the Orientation Board Meetings monthly with NSFP
- Plan and facilitate the Spring Retreat for all Program Directors and Logistics Committee Members
- Meet 1:1 with NSFP (bi)weekly
- Co-Create and support the Orientation Leader Recruitment Process
- Meet with Logistics Committee in the Spring/Summer
- Serve as point of contact and facilitator for Late Night Events during Orientation Week
- Co-create and facilitate training efforts for Program Director and Orientation Leader Trainings
- Direct student leadership for Move-In Day
- Support the efforts of the Logistics Committee during Orientation Week
- Serve as a point of reference for Project Directors during Orientation Week
Beginning in Spring 2023 through Summer 2023*
Orientation Co-Chair Expectations:
- Be present on campus and attend all PD Training, OL Training, and all of Orientation Week
- Serve as a positive role model and representative of NSFP throughout the year
- Advocate for the overall first-year student experience
- Communicate openly and honestly with the NSFP staff