Heading out for winter break? Whether you’re in an on-campus residence hall or an off-campus apartment, here are some tips for keeping your belongings safe and your space in good condition for your return in January!
You are encouraged to remove the following items – things you may need at home or during your travels:
- Credit/gift cards
- Driver’s license
- Visa documents
- Items of sentimental/emotional value
Trash, recyclable and perishable items, including any food or medication in your refrigerator.
Appliances and electronics.
Any unwanted clothing, appliances, and unopened non-perishable food.
Most quads will have a designated collection area for donations. Check with your RC for details.
Close and lock…
windows, close blinds, shut off room lights, and lock room / apartment door.
Off-Campus Residents Returning in January:
- Do all of the previous steps before leaving for Winter Break.
- Leave the heat on in your apartment so pipes don’t burst in colder weather.
- Let your landlord know when you’ll be away.
On-Campus Residents NOT Returning for Spring 2024:
- Do all of the previous steps, and remove ALL belongings by noon December 19 (be sure you’re packed before this so you’ve removed all items by noon!)
- Check all drawers, closets, etc. to be sure you left nothing behind.
- Fill out the QR code posted on your room door to expedite the check-out process.
- Return your room key/fob to the appropriate campus office.