We understand Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) has been challenging and confusing!
- Students should not worry about losing their current coverage since the Duke SMIP meets the PPACA’s standards 100%.
- The Duke SMIP previously and currently maintains a no pre-existing condition waiting period policy to make sure our students receive the best possible health care coverage.
- Eligible dependents to be covered under Duke SMIP should be enrolled by August 30 (Fall enrollees) or January 30 (Spring Enrollees).
- Duke SMIPs provides coverage at 100% for preventive care services in accordance with the PPACA.
- For further details, please go to bcbsnc.com/preventive or download a detailed Benefit Booklet for the Duke SMIP at studentbluenc.com/#/duke under “plan benefits”.