Please note that the information below may be impacted by the pandemic so be sure to email.
Join us for a casual conversation in Arabic about current events, culture, and more. Come and improve your conversational Arabic and cultural skill set. Contact Amal Boumaaza for details on discussions, presentations and workshops.
Locations and themes vary each week. For a detailed schedule and more information contact Professor Chi-Ju Hsieh.
La table française: an informal conversation hour to meet up with fellow French speakers. All levels welcome! Every Wednesday from 5:30-6:30pm in the Chaplin Family Study Room. Join the listserv to find out about other French-related events on campus and online. Go to lists.duke.edu, log in with your NetID, and search for “French@Duke” to subscribe!
We call our conversation hour "Kaffeestunde," and it is held every Wednesday from 4:30 to 5:30pm in the lobby or on the terrace of the Old Chemistry Building, depending on the weather. Additional information available here. The German Club also organizes biweekly film evenings, "Filmabend." For further information please contact Luca Pixner.
Meets weekly; times and locations vary. For more information, please contact Sarah Baker.
Contact Kusum Knapczyk for information on the Hindi language table.
- Sept 15, 2023; 12:30-1PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- Sept 20, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- Sept 29, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- October 6, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- October 11, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- October 20, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- October 27, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
- November 8, 2023; 5-5:30 PM Saladelia - Perkins Cafe
Tavola Italiana is a weekly Italian Language group that meets throughout the academic year. All levels of proficiency are welcome to join. Visit the calendar here for more information about the semester's events. For questions about Tavola Italiana email the Italian Cultural Advisor: Pierpaolo Spagnolo.
Contact Dr. Yunchuan Chen for more information.
Contact Professor Eunyoung Kim for more information.
No language table at present time. Contact Prof. Shahla Adel for more information.
No language table at this time.
Portuguese Conversational Meetings BATE-PAPO BRASIL participants meet for relaxed conversation, in which students are encouraged to "stretch" their linguistic capacities. The group is open and free to the public.
Fall 2023: Every other Wednesday at 4:30-5:15 am (you will receive invitations via email) in the Brodhead Center Spring 2024: Wednesdays at 10:15-11:15 am in the Brodhead Center
No language table at present time. Contact Prof. Edna Andrews for more information.
Mesa en español is a Spanish language group that meets every Thursday during the academic year. It is open to all Duke students and the broader community at all levels of proficiency. All are welcome to come and join in the casual conversation and cultural exchange in a relaxed setting that encourages interaction and discovery. For more information, please contact the Spanish Cultural Advisor: Ana Fernández (email@example.com). Come practice your Spanish among friends! ·
- Check for updates and more information at this link.
- When: Usual schedule, every Wednesday from 09/06 to 12/29 from 5:30-6:30pm @ Languages 114 (West Campus).
- **Time and location might change for special activities and events.
- Please check this link for calendar and updates.
- Follow us on Facebook: and Instagram
The language table happens virtually every Thursday between 5-6 pm. Please contact Didem Havlioglu for more information.